Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring you pulled a foolie on me

First I probably have to educate you on what a FOOLIE is. When dad throws sticks for me to swim and get in the pond, I don't like to bring them back to him. He gave them to me, so they are mine all mine. Well, even in a yard with as many trees as we have sometimes a good throwing stick is hard to find. It's also complicated because when dad is looking for good sticks, I like to run ahead and find them first.

I'm trying to give you enough background so you don't think dad is just plain mean. But I do have to take some of the blame for seriously reducing the stick population and stealing them before he can get them. So to prolong the throwing and swimming fun, dad tricks me. He pretends like he is throwing the stick and I start running and launch into the pond, only to find he just put it behind his back. This picture says it all. You can almost see me down the incline by the water trying to find the #@*! stick.


So in my family we call that a FOOLIE. To use it in a sentence, "Daddy pulled a foolie on Yoda." As I said, it would be mean if it wasn't my own darn fault. I just can't help my stick compulsion. I need a 12 step program. [Mom loves this picture so much she uses it on her phone for when daddy calls her - always gives her a chuckle.]

To finally get to what this post is about, it seems that Spring did a foolie on all of us in Furrginia and maybe some of you in the rest of the country. It has been nice and warm mostly these last couple weeks and the calendar said it was spring last Monday. But yesterday some folks had snow in Furrginia (not us) and the rest of us had it really cold. Apparently the foolie even got the building mom works in because they have no heat today.

So I am announcing officially: SPRING you better stop with the foolie and give us the warm weather back right now, or ELSE!

6 comments:

Boris Kitty said...

Dat naughty Spring did pull a foolie up here to Yoda.

Where's ma warm?

Mariodacat said...

I'm with you pal - 100%. We WANT SPRING - NOW.

JacksDad said...

Anytime the temperature starts with a 3, that doesn't count as Spring! :)

Backcountry Brodie said...

We did eggscape this last foolie but we gotted the one last week and had snows. Afore your foolie maded it to Furginia, it dumped 6.5 inches of snow on my gramma in St. Louis! It do be a werld gone crazee I tells you.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You are RIGHT ON with this one buddy!!!

Unknown said...

I hope SPRING has heard you and you've warm weather now!
My dad likes to 'pull a foolie on me' too, he likes to pretend he throws my toy to somewhere else and let me look for it, but he actually hides it in his shirt. Can you believe it?, HIS SHIRT! '
~ Eva