Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Tragic Toy Loss

Dad went to the beach with a friend Sunday. I guess that red stuff on his back he got the other day was not enough to convince him it was a bad idea. Mom was very thoughtful not saying too many times "I told you to make sure you put sunscreen on" and she put rubbing alcohol and moisturizer on the red stuff. This time he wore a shirt.

I wanted to play so I pestered mom until she agreed to take me outside. I love mom but she is just not as good throwing sticks as dad. In fact, she had the idea that she could read her book and I would play by myself. Hah! Since I have destroyed most of the stick population in the back yard, we brought my Chewber outside. Mom tossed the Chewber but I ignored it and played with the sticks until they were just tiny pieces. Mom does not throw very well so she was lucky if she even got one in the water. Eventually I started playing with the Chewber. Trust me, mom cannot throw like the man in this video although she got the Chewber in the water better than the small sticks.


I love the Chewber since it is way easier to pick up than a frisbee, way more durable (I have had this a year and not a single hole and it tugs good) and it doubles as a water bowl. But after a number of tosses back and forth the Chewber got a little muddy and the last time it sunk. Mom is sure if she had thrown it better it would not have sunk. I looked for it in the water for a long time - 20 minutes according to mom. I even tried tapping my paw in the water to make it float up. Mom was amazed I tried to find it for so long since normally I give up when I can't find sticks. The water in our pond is pretty cloudy so trying to see it was pretty impossible.

Mom promised she would buy me a new one.

16 comments:

Busy Buttons said...

*sniffles* That's so sad...you lost your chewber... *sniffles* I'm so sorry for your loss, Yoda. I know how important toys are!

Unknown said...

Oh poor Yoda, we are so sorry that you lost your chewber. We hope your mom will get you a new one ASAP!!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

I'd check the Paw with the red back. He probably has your toy
Benny & Lily

Pumpkinpuddy said...

I'd make your mom go in the pond and look for it. She better get you a new one soon.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Maybe a squirrel got your chewber.

Maggie Mae and Max said...

Yoda,
That chewber looks fun, I is sorry you lost it in the pond. I thinks it's nice of your mom to say she would gets you another one because after she does that someone will find this one and then you will have two!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

the teacher's pets said...

Sorry Yoda, That your beloved chewber is gone! Maybe you can go shopping with mom for a new chewber?

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Hello Yoda, We are all so sad that you lost your chewber! We hope you are able to get a new chewber very soon, maybe you should get two so you will have a backup!
Your new Friends
Giesha,Grover,Bailey,Lily,and Wrinkles!

Cathy Keisha said...

OMC! Your Mom lost your toy and you didn't make her crawl thru the muddy waters to find it! Hope you sent her out post-haste for a new one. I feel for you, furrend.

Mariodacat said...

Wow, I'm so sorry you lost your favorite chew bar. Looks like a pretty neat toy too. I had to laugh tho when you said your mom not throw sticks very well. hehe - you should see how bad my M throw the ball for me. Half the time it goes down the steps - then she has to go down to get it cuz I don't retrieve. I'm a cat!!

Backcountry Brodie said...

RIP Chewber :((((( That be so very sad. I think your mom should get her snorkel out and go diving for your Chewber rite now!

Lou said...

I'm sorry you lost your chewber...but that means you're gonna get a new one, right?
*woof*

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hi Yoda, we saw yoor comment over at Hendrix blog and decided to come over and meet yoo. Sorry yoor mom losted yoor toy, we hope yoo either find it or get a new one soon. We heard yoo haf four kitty siblings (we is cats), where is dey? Yoo din't eat dem did yoo?

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! I saw a doggie at the park with the chewber ... we plan to get one too. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Teenys Friends said...

RIP chewber. Thankies fur all da fun ewe gave mai furriend Yoda. What is a chewber btw? Maybe I needs to get one?

Shiva & Jaya said...

Finally! On most bloggies we can't leave meow, but here we can. MEOW!