Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Sisfur Majel

Dad managed to get this wonderful picture of me and my sisfur Majel yesterday and I just had to share it with everyone. It was a rare event because Majel does not like me.


In fact, for the first year I lived here she wouldn't come out from under the bed. Well, we think she really did when everyone was sleeping, but mom was getting really worried. You see Majel is seventeen years old and mom was sad that she was so terrified she felt she had to hide. Eventually mom and dad decided to take the mattress off the bed frame so Majel couldn't stay under the bed and she has been lots better since then but she still won't have much to do with mom. That makes me sad too because mom is really attached to Majel.

Majel and her real sisfur Isis were adopted from the SPCA a couple of months after mom and dad got married. They were both white kitties (the V.E.T. said he thought they had Siamese in them). Majel has the twin spots on her head and Isis had a small brown spot over an eye brow. But what is really cool is their tails are calico. You can see her tail in the picture some. Isis went to the rainbow bridge in 2003 because of kidney failure. They still miss her.

Boris will appreciate this - Majel is named after Majel Barrett Roddenberry, the wife of Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek. She also played Nurse Chapel on the original show, was the computer voice, and played Deanna Troi's crazy but lovable mother and Betazoid Ambassador Lwaxana Troi in The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine franchises. Mom and dad will admit that we pronounce Majel the kitty's name different than her namesake pronounced hers.

Isis (left) and Majel (right) as young kitties

12 comments:

Pandafur said...

Aw, Majel iz a venerabuls old ladycat, I duz feel sad for your mom too but kitteh iz older an maybe a tiny bit krotchety. I bet her knowz her iz luved.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You will NEVER EVER believe this one!!! Majel B. was born and raised in Somerset, OH which is just 20 miles from my house!!! My mom is all excited (she gets that way easy) beclaws... you know about Majel and her hubby.
She said to tell you to LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.

JacksDad said...

That is cool. I'm glad she's been with your family for so long!

Mariodacat said...

Majel is a very bootiful girl. It's too bad she no like you. It's hard to understand. Maybe it's cuz she might be afraid of you - afterall she was alone with your peeps for so many years. Thanks for introducing her.

Backcountry Brodie said...

Majel does has that rite paw hooked and reddy if'n she be needing to throw a punch, BOL!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Maybe Majel has her eyes closed. I'd get ready to run if I were you.
Benny & Lily

Jennifer Perry said...

So glad you have good parents. Majel feels a little more secure everyday, she's just scared to show it, afraid it will go a way. Just keep being your wonderful, kind, and loving selves and know you're just what your sisfur needs.
Julie, Parker, Bennie, Linc
Bark Of Love

The Luke said...

It's such a wonderful moment when you can relate... wifout any body really noticin.

Love is that way some times.

wif love from the Luke

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Thanks for introducing beauty Majel. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

How Sam Sees It said...

What a sweet old lady!

Sam

Unknown said...

I think all old ladies always behave lofty and look serious. But as long as you don't over irritate them, they are fine and treat you well. So, please just don't overdo when you play with them. Besides, I've a feeling that they actually secretly want you to play with them but they are too proud to show it out. Well, they want to remain their pride, I guess.

Shawn said...

I'm a new follower of the Saturday Pet Blogger follow, please follow me back.
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/