Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

O Christmas Tree

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Your Branches!

Mom loves Christmas and her Christmas Tree is always very important. But, she has had active cats for a lot of years and didn't have a lot of luck with her trees. She told me that she put up a really big tree years ago and would come home from work every day with all the ornaments on the bottom third of the tree on the floor. Some would be disappeared all together. That year she rehung the ornaments every night.

After that, she didn't have a big tree for a lot of years for different reasons. Then she tried another big tree and again, kitties, this time the ones we have now, would make a mess. This was six years ago.

After her dad died, she and my dad cam back to live with grandma. This meant she had a lot less room and most of her stuff went into storage. On Halloween mom was tired of paying for storage and had a giant yard sale. She did not get rid of her Christmas decorations and seeing them all made her think about how much she missed a big tree. But we still didn't have much room.

Friday night dad got the little tree out. It was a cute tree but when they plugged it in the lights didn't work. It was the kind of tree that had the lights built in. Mom knew she could cut the light string off the old little tree and put new lights on, but she kept thinking about all her favorite ornaments. Then she thought about the kitties. But the youngest kitty is now seven years old and besides they are afraid of me and I promised I would guard the tree. She was a little worried about me too because I am so ex-u-ber-rant. Not sure what that means but she says I just around a lot and wag my tail. But I promised I would be careful. So mom and dad went to one of those horrible big box stores they hate to shop in and got a good deal on a 6 foot tree.

And viola'! Hey @Simonelechat I actually spoke French there.


I love the lights on the tree - they twinkle. And the pretty balls reflect the lights. But the most important thing is the tree makes mom very happy. She told me about her favorite ornaments and when she got them. Then she said her new favorite ornament was the one I won from her at one of our pawties. There have been so many lately I am not sure if it was the November Pawpawty or PepiPawty but it was the beautiful woolly by @elineof and it came all the way from Norway! Since we all know what would have happened to the poor woolly if I kept him, I gave him to mom for her tree.


Mom sits and watches our tree a lot and I like sitting with her and watching it too. And bestest of all, after Friday, she is on vacation until next year! I hope that is a really long time.

No comments: