Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!

The last day of April is Arbor Day that celebrates trees. The first day of May is May Day and celebrates spring. These two days go together great! May is also great because it is the month of my birthday and mom's birthday (but that is another story later in the month).

Since mom was in internet wasteland for Earth Day, we think celebrating these two days is a good time to show my participation in making my blog carbon neutral. I don't want to leave a carbon pawprint that poisons our planet so this program is great. I love trees and planting trees is the best way to clean that carbon right out of the air. My thanks to my pal Shawnee Shep for letting me know about this great program.

We have lots of trees in our back yard but more trees are better. You might remember if you followed me last year that me and mom were tweeting about voting to plant trees in Furrginia for a contest by Odwalla. This company that makes noms and drinks for humans is really committed to planting trees around the country. Furrginia got $24,000 to plant trees in our state parks and they have been planting good size trees, not baby ones that might die, this spring with lots of Earth Day and Arbor Day events in the parks. Mom and her co-workers have been blogging about it. Even the Furrginia Governor planted a tree! Stayed tuned because this year there will be more voting. Mom heard that the contest will be for all states this year so you can vote to plant trees in your state parks too.


Anyway, to plant a tree to make your bloggie carbon neutral, you need to blog about the program and paste the button of your choice (you copy the html code from the website if you click my button). Then you email your bloggie link to CO2-neutral@kaufda.de and they plant a tree with the help of the Arbor Day Foundation. Simple as pie. Now why did I start thinking about pie? Help me and Shawnee put the bitey on that carbon stuff!


3 comments:

Mariodacat said...

Good post Yoda. We do try our best to recycle, not cut down trees, but guess we'd better start thiking about doing more.

Pumpkinpuddy said...

Wow Yoda. I didn't know about how important trees are. I guess Mom does cause she put lots of them in the yard, but maybe I should plant some, too.

Baby Patches said...

Pawsome Yoda! Trees are furry good and I luvs dem a lot because dey brings da birdies too MOL hehehe

Purrrrrrrrrrrs