Hi! My name is Yoda and welcome to my blog!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm Baaaccccckkkkkkk!

Can you believe it has almost been two months since I posted? Shame on mom for being too busy to help me but I think the worst is over for her.

I have been very busy. First, there was my third birthday. Mom made this cool video of the fun we had but then we never blogged it. After this video some men came and cleared all the growth around the pond so you'll notice a real change in future videos.


She put together a slide show of the still pics from my birthday too. Mom is really loving Animoto!



My birthday was May 28, and then mom's was the very next day and that pretty much finished off May.

In June I got a new sisfur named Alexis. If you remember my sisfur Majel who went to the bridge last August you will see why mom and dad could not resist her. She's also a white kitty with a calico tail. And FINALLY I have a kitty that will play with me! This little ball of fur came into our home and took over, putting the other kittehs in their place. I love it!



Here she is taking a nap in mom's bag from Doggy Baggage. I can promise you some more posts featuring my new pal Alexis. Dad has been a videoing fool! But she sure is cute so can you blame him? And below is a better picture of her sweet face.


Right after we adopted her, mom, dad and I had to go to one of her parks, Hungry Mother State Park, to celebrate the Virginia State Parks 75th Anniversary and so mom could help train the supervisors who work with the kids in the Youth Conservation Corps. Since Alexis had not gotten acclimated real well yet, we decided we better bring her with us (I hate to think of the other three kitties being tortured by her for the week we were gone). We had a great time at the park. We had a cabin right on the lake and I got to go swimming of course.

Here I am on the front porch of our cabin and a view of the Hungry Mother Lake from the cabin porch.




Now that the big anniversary celebration is behind mom, she is a little busy with the Youth Conservation Corps and planning next year's Virginia State Parks marketing, but she is used to that level of busy.

Mom's work has daily contests until Labor Day (September 5) so you should check them out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Yoda sure does look like you had LOTS of fun on your vaca. Mostly though it looks like you enjoyed having that stick thrown and swimmin! BOL

Happy belated Barkday to you and Happy Birthday to your Mom!

I thinks that you new sister is very pretty and I sure am happy that she plays with you.

Hope to see you a little sooner this time but Pawrents will be Pawrents..

woos, Tessa

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How furry nice to see woo againn!

Happy EvFURRYthing to ALL of WOO!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Backcountry Brodie said...

You mom wins the award fur blog slacker of the year! But I is gessing she had a good eggkoos but I still missed you. Happy birfday to you! Happy birfday to your mom! Concatulashuns on your new KITTEH sisfur! You look like the Loch Yoda Monster in your pond! Whew. I need a nap now.

Mariodacat said...

Well pal, it's about time you showed up. We did miss you around here. Great pictures and awesome videos. Guess you have been a busy puppy! Hpapy birthday - hope it was a great one.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Welcome back and happee birthday
Benny & Lily

Berts Blog said...

Well, we didn't know you were awall cause we didn't know you. We just came over from browndog to say hi.

My Vickie was reading old posts and was so excited to see the video you had on Dean Koontz. Like you, he is her favorite author and "Lightning" is also her all time favorite book of his.

So, we are excited to meet you both.

See you soon

Bert

Anonymous said...

Wow Yoda! Have you been having a lot of fun and excitement or what?!!! Wahoo! Your new furpal is very cute :)

Good to see you again! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Brian's Home Blog said...

There you are, I wondered where you got off too! Happy Belated Birthday my friend and congrats on the new kitty sissy too!

Pumpkinpuddy said...

Wow! You all have been furry busy. Concatulations on the new kitty furriend. I'm glad she'll play with you.

Glad you're back!

Pumpkinpuddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hoke said...

Where have ya been!!! Hope you are enjoying your summer!!!

Oskar said...

Happy late birthday to both of you. Love your new kitty sister!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Peggy Frezon said...

Great to see you back Yoda! Happy birthday to you and your mom. Looks like tons of fun swimming. And Alexis looks fun to play with too!